With a little care, your fine jewelry will keep its good looks forever.
The best way to clear your jewelry:
- Soak in a bowl of warm water with few drops of ordinary dish detergent.
- If needed, use a soft brush where dust and soap can collect.
- Rinse and pat dry with a soft cloth.
You won't have to clean your jewelry as often if you:
- Put it on after applying hairspray, perfume, and cosmetics.
- Be sure to remove your jewelry before strenuous activities like sports.
- Keep jewelry away from chlorine and other household chemicals.
- Always make sure it is dry and clean by wiping with a cloth before putting it away.
To protect the beauty of your jewelry:
- Don't keep it in a tangle in a jewelry box.
- Remember, gems can scratch metal or each other.
- When you travel, make sure your jewelry pieces don't rub against each other in your bag.
- Store each piece separately or wrap each one in a tissue paper or a soft cloth.